GUIDE FOR THE AUTHORS
The periodical “Bulletin of the Institute of Oriental Studies” has been published since 1960. This scholarly periodical publishes research on the ancient, medieval, modern and contemporary history of Southwest Asian countries, as well as on source studies and philology. Significant attention is also paid to the coverage of political developments in the region, international relations and other issues.
The articles of the periodical are published in Armenian, Russian, English and other European languages.
The periodical is published twice a year. Articles must be submitted for the first issue of the given year by the 15th of May of the same year, and by the 15th of September for the second issue.
Articles can be submitted to the periodical only by researchers with a scientific degree(for those who do not have a degree, only by the decision of the editorial board).
The official website of the periodical is: http://www.orientcpnme.am, e-mail: email@example.com.
Requirements for the articles
Authors should bring their articles in line with the following style requirements of the periodical “Bulletin of the Institute of Oriental Studies”:
The volume of the article should be up to 15 pages, including summaries and bibliography (larger volume by editorial decision).
1. Submit the article layout in both electronic (Word - docx), and paper versions (articles sent from abroad or outside Yerevan, only in electronic version, to the e-mail address of the periodical: firstname.lastname@example.org) (layout: font size - 12, line spacing - 1.5, not more than 9000 words).
2. Submit the texts in Armenian in GHEA Grapalat font, and in other languages in Times New Roman font (the same principle applies to footnotes and Bibliography).
3. The title of the article, the name and the surname of the author should be in capital letters.
4. Before the text of the article, after the keywords, give a brief summary of the content of the article (it should be presented in the language in which the article is presented, the layout: font size - 12, line spacing - 1, not more than 250 words. Armenian texts should be submitted in GHEA Grapalat font, and in other languages in Times New Roman font).
5. The author also submits the English title of his article, his name and surname in English (if the text of the article is in Armenian). If the text of the article is in English or in other European languages and the author is not from abroad, then he submits the title of his article, his name and surname in Armenian as well.
6. Submit along with the articles also 10 Keywords (Բանալի բառեր, Ключевые слова) in Armenian and English.
7. If there are abbreviations in the article, then at the end of the article, after Bibliography, give the list of the opened abbreviations.
The requirements for the references are the following:
8. Give the references in the text in “Microsoft Office word” Cross-References system1, in numerical order, in the following form, for example:
[1։ 36], [4։ 450]– Where 1 and 4 are the numbering of the referenced material in Bibliography, and the next number, for example 36 and 450, is the reference page in the given literature (articles, books, report)
1. Poghosyan P., the title of the article or book, place of publication, year, pages.
2. Martirosyan P., the title of the article or book, place of publication, year, pages.
3. Ivanov P., the title of the article or book, place of publication, year, pages.
4. Petrosyan P., the title of the article or book, place of publication, year, pages.
Reference Internet articles and webpages with the same system without specifying pages, for example  or .
9. Highlight the surnames of the authors and the year mentioned in Bibliography in BOLD.
10. Give the webpages and internet articles presented in Bibliography as follows:
Poghosyan P., Title, date, web address.
11. Pictures, maps and tables presented in the article:
In case pictures, tables, and maps are included in the article, they must be at least 300 dpi. In the article, the pictures, tables and maps should be numbered and titled.
12. Give BIBLIOGRAPHY at the end of the article, (in Armenian: ԳՐԱԿԱՆՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ, in Russian: ЛИТЕРАТУРА (in capital letters, Bold).
13. Submit the list of bibliography in alphabetical order, in the following order: Armenian, Russian, English and other languages.
14. Indicate in the list of bibliography the work (book, article) in full:
Poghosyan P., the title of the article or book, place of publication, year, pages.
15. The unpublished dissertations used in Bibliography are presented as follows:
Poghosyan P., Title (unpublished dissertation, Institute of Oriental Studies of NAS RA).
16. The URLs of the websites and internet articles in Bibliography should be listed in full and if possible, also the day you last visited the site.
17. Articles in Bibliography from daily newspapers and magazines:
Poghosyan P., the title (if any), “The name of the daily newspaper in quotes”, the date of the daily newspaper and the issue No.
18. Published thesis or article of a conference presented in Bibliography:
Poghosyan P., title of the report or thesis, title of the conference, venue, date, pages.
19. If the same author is presented in Bibliography with several works, it is necessary to present those works according to the sequence of the years of publication.
20. If the article is presented in Armenian, it is necessary to give a summary in English after the Bibliography (at least 500 words) /it is not necessary to write the word summary/. In case of an article submitted in English or another European language a summary in Armenian should be given; in case of Russian: Armenian and English summaries.
21. Pay attention to the Latin transliterations of the Armenian and Russian alphabets posted in the Periodical and on the website. In Bibliography, it is necessary to give the Armenian and Russian literature with the given transliteration (if the article is in English or another European language), at the same time to indicate in brackets the English version of the title of the literature used in the work.
Summaries should be the concise content of the text. In case of summary in Armenian: font size - 12, line spacing - 1, font - GHEA Grapalat. In English and Russian summaries - Times New Roman font. The title of the article should be written in capital letters before the text of the summaries (in the center). Keywords (Բանալի բառեր, Ключевые слова) are written in the appropriate language before each summary text. Keywords given in all languages must be identical.
At the end of the article, present the scientific degree of the author, the place of work, position and e-mail address. The articles should only be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Immediately after receiving the article, the authors will be informed about it, as well as about the expediency of publishing it and submitting it for review.
We draw the authors’ attention to the features of the following system of references, and expect that they will be strictly adhered to while submitting the articles. In case of non-conformity with the principles of this system, the editorial board of the journal reserves the right not to accept the articles for discussion.
All the articles are reviewed and are not returned if rejected.
The review process:
After receiving the article, if it is not rejected, the editorial board sends it to the relevant specialist for review. The reviewer must submit his / her opinion within one and a half months according to the review type. In case of a positive opinion of the reviewer, the author is informed about it and, after making the necessary changes, sends the final version of the article to the editorial office.
Editorial board of the Periodical “Bulletin of the Institute of Oriental Studies”